Health professionals are recommending light therapy as the #1 line of treatment for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
More than 50 million North Americans experience Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)* or Winter Blues and are seeking drug-free relief from their fatigue, lack of energy, reduced social interest, and weight gain from carbohydrate cravings.
Bright Light Therapy Benefits:
Clinically tested and proven andrecommended by experts to treat the following conditions:
- SAD and the Winter Blues
- PMS and Antepartum Blues
- Jet Lag / Shift Work Adjustment
- Circadian Sleep Disorders
- Nonseasonal Depression
Peak consumer usage occurs between the months of October and March where there is decreased exposure to natural daylight. Consumers are increasingly seeking alternatives to drug therapy to address the on-set of seasonal affective disorders.
Day-Lights are 10,000 lux, bright light therapy lamps that have been clinically proven to help these people.
The leading new Day-Light product that comes with new height adjustable legs for optimal light therapy use. The Day-Light brand is used within Presbyterian hospital as a clinically proven CET recommended (Centre for Environmental Therapeutics) light therapy solution that now comes with colour enhancements and silver accented buttons.
The New Day-Light Features & Specifications Sheet
The Day-Light was designed to include features which provide optimal light therapy treatment and for the user.
- Height Adjustable Legs – The height adjustable legs allow the light to be positioned at the appropriate height and angle for the user. This is the optimal light positioning as recommended by light therapy experts.
- Glare-Free – The white diffusing lens eliminates glare and evenly distributes the light. Three 36-watt light tubes emit a warm light and minimize potentially harmful blue rays.
- UV Filtered & Safe – Hi-impact polycarbonate lens filters 99.3% of harmful UV rays.
- Flicker-Free – Manufactured with high efficiency, electronic ballasts, the Day-Light eliminates the annoying flicker experienced with ordinary fluorescent fixtures.
- Two Light Settings – The three-light setting provides 10,000 lux at 12″. The two-light setting option is convenient for ambient lighting.
- Built-in Stand – There is a built-in stand located in the back of the unit which can be pulled out to set the Day-Light up for the ambient lighting option.
- Built-in Handle – There is a built-in handle located in the back of the unit for easy transport.
- Emits white light
- Smooth light diffusion
- Comfortable color
- High efficiency ballast to ensure the light is flicker-free
- Light is projected downwards when used with adjustable legs (it is
recommended by the experts that to receive light therapy treatment
properly the light must sit above the user and project downward to bask
the user’s head in shoulders in light)
- The user’s eyes must be focused (without directly looking into the light) at
the center of the Day-Light
- To receive light therapy treatment the light must be tilted at a 15 degree